It seems that people aren’t taking into consideration that today’s society is more exposed to different cultures through travel, books and lets not forget bi-racial relationships. These things definitely play a factor in the naming of a child. We have hundreds of thousand if not millions of resources on the Internet alone where we can research meanings of words. I say words because we have people who name their kids after inanimate objects (e.g. Apple, Iron…) I admit celebrities are taking this shit to a total other level! Shall we take a look at some of these names? OK, here is a list of baby names and corresponding celebrity parent:
- Jermajesty – Jermaine Jackson
- Tu Morrow – Rob Morrow (from the TV show Numb3rs)
- Moxie Crimefighter – Penn Jillette
- Moon Unit – Frank Zappa
- Diva Thin Muffin – Frank Zappa YET AGAIN!!
- Audio Science – Actress Shannyn Sossamon
- Blue Angel – The Edge (From U2)
- Rocket Rodriguez – Robert Rodriguez (Rocket has four younger siblings: Racer, Rebel, Rogue and Rhiannon O_O)
- Prince Michael II/Blanket – Michael Jackson
- Ocean – Forest Whitaker
(list courtesy of CRACKED.com , if you want to see the full top 20 list just click on the link)
I’d like to know what you guys think? Does naming your child a unique name make you Narcissistic?